2006 330xi  [0.00]
Update: Install Completed

Here are the materials used:
Sirius Sportster 4 radio
Car kit dock
5v Sirius cigarette power cord - replacement from eBay
3.5mm audio cable - bought a 6 ft. cable from eBay
10 ft. antenna extension right angle female to male - www.cdint.com

I started by hooking up the male end of the antenna to the sharkfin connector in the trunk. My build date had two ends that led to the sharkfin.

Next, I ran the extension cable through the right back seat and under to the middle seat to the center console. As you can see the below picture, I exposed the wire between the back seat and center console. Should have bought a longer cable so I could run it under the front passenger seat. No big deal to me. This was feed behind the climate controls and radio to the top of the vent.

The audio cable went right to the AUX input. I decided not to hard wire the power. Two reasons: A) Didn't want to solder wires to the ashtray lighter B) Like having constant power while the cars off. If I decide I need the power in the center console I could always hardwire.

Since I already had the sportster radio, it would be too bulky for the ashtray mount. Plus I wanted to keep the ashtray, maybe replace it with the sunglasses holder. I like how it's center mounted.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures. Let know your thoughts and comments.
Attached Images

Fresh330 is offline   United_States