08-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #72
CHARLEYBROWN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330I 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Ok fellas, so I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a ton of 'possible' caps for the intake silencer. I ended up with one that is absolutely PERFECT! It's called a Hole Plug. Pretty simple huh? I found it in the aisle with screws, nuts, bolts and such. It was in those little drawers you can pull out. The great part about this hole plug is that it's locking, which means it basically snaps in. It could probably hold its own without any glue, but who wants to try that? I used trusty ole JB Weld to make it stay. The hole plug size is 1 - 3/16" I promise, this fits perfectly. Here are some pictures, and a rough pic of the little bag the hole plug came in.

I hope this helps some of you guys who are skeptical about doing this because of the 'plug fitment' issue.

just did this exact method in modding mine. worked like a charm! only difference was instead of using jb weld, i used super glue gel pretty liberally and it sealed perfect. thanks for taking all of the guess work out of finding a plug!

2006 Sparkling Graphite 330I 6MT V713 H&R Touring Cup Kit