View Single Post
      12-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #32
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: e90 330xi

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
need help: TO ANYONE WHO INSTALLED THIS UNIT

I cant seem to be able to get the intake DUCT and the intake HOUSING to fit together. To be more precise, i cannot get the Duct to fit where the OEM duct fit. it just doesnt line up for some reason. Maybe my OEM alarm cable is getting in the way? but i dont think that should be an issue! Also, did simota provide us with anything to attach the damn Duct to the frame? I dont have anything to actually attach it to the frame??

secondly, on my intake HOUSING, the housing that is held together to the aluminum maf tube, the part that is held together by the BIG (9" diamter) silver ring, it can rotate; its not tight. is that normal? I dont know if you guys know what i mean, but the housing can be turned (as in 360 degree turns) that holds the intake filter.

I need helppp! Please someone help. right now im running DUCT-less - as in im just using the intake housing and drawing in hot engine air.