12-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
mhaw2001
Private
Rep

Drives: 06 323i Premium

Garage List
2006 323i Sedan  [0.00]
Winter tires/RFT mess up--Open Road BMW

Last week after a big snow fall, I called my local dealership, Open Road BMW in Newmarket, ON to order some snow tires for my 06 323i. The parts guy gave me two options: Viking Continental SnowTrac 16" non-RFT and Blizzak RFT. I was going to purchase tires and mount them on my stock 16" alloys and I plan to keep them on these rims and buy 18/19" in the summer. He quoted me $130 a tire for the Viking and 261 for the RFT. I placed an order for the Vikings. I had to wait a week for an appointment. so today, I go in to have them installed and they told me they made a mistake, though I had a E46 and refused to install the Vikings on my E90 because the "suspension is not designed for non-RFT" and that I would have to purchase more expensive RFT (now quoted at $417 each). They gave me some BS about my warranty would be void, my roadside assistance would not come if I had non-RFT, etc etc. He told me they would install the Vikings but I would have to sign a waiver allowing them to install them and make them have no responsibility if anything happened . Is this all BS? Or is this true?

Where in TO can i get a decent set of snow tires??????

2006 E90 323i :: Arctic / Black / Titanium Trim /

Premium Pkg / Step / Mods:: Sirius / Chrome Kidneys & Tailpipes / Rear Foglight switch / Euro Amber Taillights / E92-style Radio knobs // Soon: Euro Headlights