10-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 04 X5 3.0, 07 530xiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlang
Woohoo!! I am so excited - my car is on the Elektra (Voyage EA539-ELX) !!!

Loaded in Bremerhaven on the 28th, sailed out of Bremerhaven on the 29th to Gothenburg, Sweden where it was in port today. It should leave Sweden tomorrow (Oct 1) for Belgium, then a stop in Southampton, and then on to Halifax (where my car gets off!). According to the website it will take 7 days for the crossing from Southampton to Halifax is and due in on Oct. 11. You would think with all our technology it could do the crossing a bit faster... maybe they need to give the gerbals running the turbines some better food?

Anyways, I don't know how long it takes to get from Halifax from Vancouver, but I am guessing that is probably another week at least. I can hardly wait !!!!!!

Hey Tim, I'm on that ship as well. Went into the dealer to say hi and get my bill for the bank, and he told me I was in transit. I asked him for the VIN and loaded it into the website and presto! I wonder if my sales guy was surprised by my email back showing him the details of the shipping??

Anyway our cars will get offloaded in a week or so, and then the train transit to Montreal for me, the truck and the prep, brings me to the 31st. If it is anything like my 325 last year, it'll be a week early (fingers crossed!!!).