09-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Drives: 2014 435i Convertible
Join Date: May 2007
- ample use of lightweight materials : carbon fiber and aluminum structure and magnesium chassis parts Separates the Z10 from competition
- being engineered as a coupe and roadster form, both in 2+2 arrangement with more interior room than a Porsche 911 Like the choices
- target weight of approximately 3300 pounds C'mon BMW - you can do better
- Potential engines:
- 3.0L twin-turbo straight six cylinder engine outputting 450hp / 350lb-ft torque (uprated version of the engine that will power the next generation M3) Sweet - like the torque, want to see the torque curve
- twin-turbo V6 engine
- 8 speed DCT transmission Fell in love with the M3 DCT during the 2009 M-Power Tour
- integrated AC motor/generator and lithium-ion batteries Tesla?
- thermal-management system to improve overall performance efficiency by preheating lubricants with exhaust gas and restricting internal airflow WTF?
- active control of ride height, spoilers, and aero components for maximum aerodynamics OK
- approximate cost: $110,000 In 2015 dollars?
- release date: late 2014 / early 2015 Bring it in...bring it in
Mine F33 435i Convertible/M Sport
Hers F36 428i Gran Coupe Luxury Line