09-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Highflyr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
I got a few misfire codes and limps when I was running pre 5-29 maps right at redline only.

I'm too chicken to try it on the 9-09 maps...so I keep shifting short of redline manually.

The tune felt awesome tonight!

But I get the feeling my fuel pump is going to crap out soon....plugs are pretty new, so wonder if the long cranks and misfires at redline are signs of impending doom

And to boot....I just spent two days detailing my car and it turned out great.
Just as I finished, my friend knocked over the halogen light stand right onto the rear fender and dented the shit out of a perfect paint job.

I have never owned a car that had this much bad luck!
give the 9-9 maps a try. I started with 5-29 maps then moved to the 7-29 (or watever it was) then actually went back to the 5-29 map. The 5-29 felt better to me than the 7-29. Now I think the 9-9 feel the best. Car feels really strong with this map, and I actually get less misfires with it.

also don't worry about the bad luck I just found 2 cracks in the windshield and crap etched into the paint on the entire rear half of my car (well found these about a week ago). Time to get some lessons from Sniz on how to use a buffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
My coils and plugs are new as i got a new engine in May! I may swap the plugs as i have a set sitting in my garage. See what she does with that!
Did they really replace your coils? Typically they just transfer them from the old engine to the new.