09-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #186
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony@F1 Autohaüs View Post
This is an Awesome Setup Guys! I can Vouch for Company Been There A Couple of Times and saw this in person!

-Anthony@F1 Autohaus
I've just received mine and personally I think they could have been a bit more careful with the Quality checks prior to shipping them out.

The areas I found lacking on mine were:

1.) when the powdercoated black finish was applied............the inside of the charge pipe is peppered with overspray dags that were flaking off all over the place. They should have sealed off all openings to prevent this. I wouldn't want any of that stuff to be sucked into my Throttle Body/Intake. I spent a couple of hours with a Dremel and SS wool pad extension, polishing up the inside. Now it's how it should have been and shiny to boot.

2.) the throttle body end of the charge pipe was out of round due to fact that they had overtightened the hose clamp onto the hose. This must have been done due to the fact that the heavy duty t-bolt clamp supplied is too small to be used on the 4 ply hose supplied. It seems like some type of forced compression applied via a clamping tool was used, just so they could start the thread on the t-bolt clamp. This in turn has sqeezed the pipe into an egg shaped opening. Of note: the t-bolt clamp used, was also missing the captive cup behind the nut which suggests and affirms that it was removed to give them a better chance of threading the nut on. Overall the clamp setup is too tight and just about impossible to fit with the supplied t-bolt clamp. I'm going to fix it by rounding out the end with a rubber mallet and fit a more suitable t-bolt clamp.

Bar these issues, the setup looks solid and with quality materials and hoses used.
This is just a heads up from my perspective of the unit I received and it may not be necesarily be present or impact others as it did me.
Appreciate 0