10-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
orionredwing
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
What's best lowering 'look' for track?

Hi guys, I got a wonderful set of KW V3 w/ Swift Springs from Harold and had it installed today. I need your help.

My installer knew I was getting this more as a performance mod (for the track) as opposed to appearances. As a result, he made my car look level. The problem is I have a 1" gap in the front, but the rears are completely slammed in looks...like the tires are inside the fender well (not running spacers).

Both the front and the rears still have about 1" left to drop, so the rear isn't actually 'slammed' in reality, whatever that term means.

I went back to look at some of my stock pics where the wheel gap is even, and it does seem the car looks slanted towards the front (maybe my imagination). Now, the car definitely looks level:

Question:

For those of you who have installed KW V3s, did you have this problem where the rear has to be lowered less than the front to achieve the same gap?

Question 2:

For track purposes, do I want a level look so that there is less load on the front when braking and cornering? Makes the car more neutral, right?

Or do I want a little slant towards the front like the OEM look? (Edit: I'm not worried about center of gravity at this time, just the level of the car, as it affects the 'look')

I personally think it looks horrible like this...slammed in the back, and a gap in the front, but if this is the right track setup...I guess I'll live with it. Otherwise, I want to actually raise the rear....

I have bad pics since it's evening.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension