Respect my Authoritay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi ED

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK
Following this thread has made me paranoid listening for this noise whenever I drive now. I need to stop being such a car hypochondriac. But just so I know, is this something you can actually hear in the cabin when idling?
I know what you mean, I briefly read this thread awhile ago and thought, wow that would be annoying. I feel sorry for those guys. Then my husband took the car for a few days and picked me up for lunch this past week. I was standing outside waiting for him, and could hear the car a block away, and thought WTF?!! What the hell is that?! :mad: Certainly not the pleasant hum of our beatiful bimmer.
If you are at an idle, you can definitely hear it in the cabin. Driving you can hear it, more when you are driving next to buildings. For us, it appears to have just started and is very sporadic.
For those of you that are feeling hypochondriac about it, get out of the car and listen to it, it is 100% distinct from the normal running sound. Esp if you press the accel. the ticking accelerates.