As I mentioned earlier, the timing of this could not be worse. I had to hold up my shipment of the car due to this problem.. Thus, I really didn't/don't have time to try and fight this through the dealership and/or BMWNA. Had I more time, I would have taken it to the dealership and demanded some kind of goodwill replacement by BMWNA.
Now that I'm headed back to Germany, I'm going to keep all my documentation related to this. And, if any other stretch bolts break, I'm taking it directly to BMW. I've got a lot of legal folks that I can turn to once I get there, that can help me out.
There is no reason that head bolts should ever fail on an engine. And if one were to fail, BMW should goodwill the work with no questions asked.