View Single Post
      11-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #34
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General

Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
So I guess you're okay with the ethics, thought process and supporters of the previous president who didn't mind dragging us into an unnecessary war that lead to the deaths of over 4000 of America's finest. Not to mention the financial cost of that war. And never mind that the previous president started a war in Afghanistan which he later neglected and let go to hell then conveniently left the mess for the current president to clean up. How's that for a Big Ass Mistake???? I guess that doesn't bother you at all.
I feel that this post is a bit short sighted. How soon you forget how the entire nation demanded just action taken in response for 9/11. There was full support for it, then when the public grew tired of hearing about it, they wanted out. Things aren't always that easy, so perhaps because they aren't easy neglecting them was the best option. I'm not advocating the neglect, but you can't deny that the public demanded some sort of retribution.

Also, don't forget that GWB's father had his hand in wars with Iraq as well. But he never sealed the deal and took out Saddam. Most people don't see that GWB finished what his father did not.