View Single Post
      11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #32
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
OMFG....some of you guys are just absurd.

You think that because the president of the largest military power the world has ever seen makes some silly gesture to a Japanese leader he's being subservient?! Get real!.

He's trying to be humble, which is reguarded pretty highly in Japan, and he's trying to counter the perception of US arrogance that much of the world has right now, and that's a good thing.

The lengths some of you will go to to make an issue out of nothing is astounding! It's no wonder the media in this country does nothing but spin....it's all you non-thinkers are capable of understanding!

SINGAPORE – A senior administration official said President Barack Obama was simply observing protocol when he bowed to Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko upon arriving at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Saturday.

“I think that those who try to politicize those things are just way, way, way off base,” the official said. “He observes protocol. But I don’t think anybody who was in Japan – who saw his speech and the reaction to it, certainly those who witnesses his bilateral meetings there – would say anything other than that he enhanced both the position and the status of the U.S., relative to Japan. It was a good, positive visit at an important time, because there’s a lot going on in Japan.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29529.html