View Single Post
      11-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #49
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Thanks for your post! As I spend quite a lot of kms on the Autobahn and less on the 'Ring, I got the flash first but will do the suspension next spring. Semi slicks must be great for the track! I'd love to take a ride with you in your car, but can't get away from work today or on Friday... Another time!

I'll be upgrading to a Quaife diff next spring, as Tony already wrote in his post I'll make a trip to the UK and will leave my car at Bird's for two days (at least that's the plan), where they'll install the Quaife and the M3 suspension bits (and maybe other things, but that will have to be determined). And yes, I guess I also have a welded diff and will have to get a complete final drive unit, but well that's the way it is. I'll go to Bird's as I wanted to visit the UK anyway and they've got the best reputation for these installs. Keep me updated on what you'll be doing!

Alpina_B3_Lux
no problem, we do it next year! Ring was quite tricky. Parts of the track where moist, even at the end of the day. Not easy driving, especially not with semi slicks. But was fun again
I had several laps where I didn't see anybody. First time that happened.

I have to check regarding quaife. The DKG has a completely different ratio. Changing it with an other complete final drive would mean a big shortening of my gears, which I do not want. They DKG already has quite close gearing.
I am checking for other options as well. My shop near the NS offers "Lamelle" difs. Let's see when I receive the details.

By the way, the power kit doesnot provide enough cooling. It is less warm, but today the oil still went up to 135 degrees, and this with outside temperatures of 12 degrees... So I will need to get myself the VK oilcooler to finally resolve the issue completely.
Appreciate 0