Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
I want to respectfully disagree. It depends on what you'd consider "awful" ride quality. People have different preferences. I've never driven an X-Bimmer that has what I'd consider an awful ride. I also appreciate their relatively sporty demeanor, but I could chalk that up to my younger age.
I take it you have travelled in an X1 as a rear seat passenger? If not then you really need to, because it's awfully bouncy and harsh, if you have then either your roads are as smooth as a baby's bottom or your age is seriously the deciding factor.

As for the rest, well I don't rate the X6 that highly as you may already know but my brother who has one rates it even less, in fact he dislikes it that much he's wanting to buy himself out of his contract 15 months early.

Now I like sporty cars as much as the next person but the simply fact is that you can get both together, even in an SUV as Porsche has shown. Even the Q5 has made a better fist of things and Audi aren't as renowned as BMW for producing great handling that is still supple. I blame run-flats but it may well be more than just that.