Originally Posted by graider
- i would never drive a soft top vert in winter.
- i drive my m3 in winter, north of toronto which is even colder/more snow than toronto, no problem whatsoever and I daily drive my car 90mile round trip. good winter tire is key in winter and i'm on oem 19 with winter. still no problem with this much snow, LOL
- I sat in both at the car show and honestly I cannot see the differences in lux/quality between the s5 or the m3. the s5 seat looks a little cooler than the m3 seat since it is made by recaro, but the dash on the s5 is loaded with button which is not really to my liking. the nav on the m3 is nicer cause it position higher within driving sight, etc. so there are pro/con from both side but I don't think the s5 is anymore luxurious than the m3 interior. the s5 interior is basically the same as q7, a4, a5, a6, a8. same for the m3. the interior is basically the same as a 3 series, but the leather, steering, etc are much nicer.
- no argument about the look cause you have your own taste.
1. This soft top is just as insulated as my hard top M3 was. Really quite impressive.
2. Different strokes for different folks i guess but for me it's nothing short of a daily hassle. And i had the absolute best studded winter tires.