THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakdraft View Post
A few comments on your comments...

My car has just come back from being updated to Progman 24 a week ago.

I found the resistance a little bit harder than 22.... BUT there was always resistance after the first 5 tracks.

Regarding the not reading copied discs... I have a copied disk in my car and it is reading it fine with no issues... That said it had already read the copied disk before the upgrade... so now I am concerned about the future..

I will await other UK user views...
Sorry to go off topic, but...

My view is that BMW & Navteq are simply taking the f***ing p*ss, regarding SatNav updates.

They charge a relatively large amount for software, which, in my opinion, is worse than the likes of the combined hardware & software of the cheaper TomTom One, in terms of user friendliness.

The incorporation of the USB flashdrive-reading software & hardware (retrofittable I expect) is welcome, as it will allow for a far bigger audience for portable music.

It's just a shame we'll be unlikely to use the device to update the satnav map data with our own, easily editable POIs & addressbook info.

Viv