Originally Posted by CT
I didn't inquire as to which fuse it was nor was I able to tell if anything other than simply the radio unit was affected. I'd imagine there's a dedicated fuse for in-car entertainment (now that I think of it, I don't recall if the door chime / warning chime functioned during the down-time...).
I did disconnect the battery. Chances are my wiring wasn't as proper as it needed to be the first time I powered it back up to test.
Other than that, this was particularly easy. The primary difficulty was clearances with the harness / adapter for the radio while re-wiring things.
Thanks for your comments.
I'd say this mod could be tricky. there is a lot to do in terms of removing stuff and doing wiring. But like you said, it's not hard.