To those who has problem removing any of the 6 screws, I had the same problem, what I did was, I drilled a small hole into the black plastic piece that sits directly under the chrome piece and stick a small screwdriver into it to try to stop the female part from spinning, took the screw out in five minutes. I did that to both sides, I got one stuck on each side. I don't think everyone will like this solution, but fill the hole up with some black silicone glue and it'll look perfect. Oh and I separate the chrome piece after taking it off the car, it's pretty damn hard not to break anything if you were to separate it before taking it off (I guess that's why some said it took them 45 min just to do that). I don't think I can separate the chrome piece before taking the whole thing off the car.
Anyway, I separate them so I can glue the female part to the black plastic so next time I take it off, it'll be easier.
Hope this helps.