View Single Post
      02-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #262
Captain Chaos
Lieutenant

Drives: cars n stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
an mot is also for checking that nothing is going to fail by the time the next mot rolls around.. so thats utter bulllllshiiiit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
BGM - Yes mate I know that an MOT is not just for the time the vehicle is on the ramp the but when I contacted the VOSA/MOT head office they also offered no help at all even when I gave them the official BMW report highlighting serious defects.

(included as it seemed a shame to not quote it...:
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4
Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand TUT!!)
Actually, sorry to disappoint, but you're both completely wrong. An MoT test is an annual check to ensure that a vehicle is roadworthy, and it's a snapshot of the vehicle's condition at that time. Sure, there's elements that are classed as dangerous as they will cause it to be unroadworthy (like a dead ball joint, for example) but they're no guarantee of anything post-test and the DoT will tell you exactly the same.

That said, in your case Cisco, a letter from the previous owner coupled with a dealer's assessment of your car should be black and white - the fact that you've had no support for compensation is utterly pony.

Perhaps it's indicative that "Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent" and their low-life staff occupy the same link of the food chain as lawyers and ambulance chasers. (In fact it sounds like there's a nice little self-sufficient group right there...)
Captain Chaos is offline   United Kingdom