View Single Post
      03-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #19
JBE9006
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i/JB/Prem/Sport/STEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron1011 View Post
No, unfortunately it's a head bolt.. It's in the front of the engine, right under the intake manifold. It's next to the oil filter mount..
They are removing the manifold to get access to the shank of the bolt, so that they can hopefully EZ-out the rest of the bolt.
I'm not terribly upset about this... I've had the car for over 4.5 years (59,000 miles) and this is the really the only issue with the car that I've had.
Plus, the way I figure it, I'm still ahead of things had I purchased a $3300.00 extended warranty. The same extended warranty that would now be moot now that I'm moving back to Germany.
The one thing that does erk me is that I thought that BMW was building really tough engines, and that the engine would be the least of my problems down the road.
This is the exact bolt that broke on my 06 330i @ 70kmi. To make things worse, when I took it to have the oil changed the service tech said that there was a leak somewhere in the oil pan /rear seal area. The oil leak is bad to the point that I'm having to add a quart every 400 miles.
My question is... What would be the part # for this particular bolt? Would it be under "head bolts"? I usually find parts @ tischer but this one I have'nt been able to figure out.