View Single Post
      10-20-2005, 12:29 AM   #11
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Too much American influenced.....it's going to die on arrival...

Look what happened to the last two Mitsubishi Eclipse.....
I'm not sure if I see the American influence in the design, American cars are inundated w/ superflous, bulbous designs. I don't see any of that in this car, but that's just my personal opinion. I think the lights look a little cheesy.

Too many times do I look at designs and it looks as if at some point the designers just fell asleep, or decided to take a break from sketching because they felt like they were working too hard. Case in point, the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. The front is very detailed, especially in the headlights, the side graphic is finely chiseled into the sheetmetal to give the side of the car real character, as well a the roof is very well proportioned w/ the rest of the car. Once you get to the back, it looks as if there was very little thought or attention given to it at all, and just as imposing as the front should be in letting you know what's behind you, the rear of the car should give off a very distinct and memorable impression of what it is that you just witenessed passing you, and this car has NO effect on my senses whatsoever, but that's just me.

It's very unfortunate that car companies are pushing their designers to make cars that try to be all things to all people instead of sticking to what it is that they're good at and keeping things simple and clutter free(i.e. Audi). I've seen a lot having done an internship at Designworks and taken classes at Art Center College of Design, and all I can say is that the future of automotive design looks very questionable.....