View Single Post
      03-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #26
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Yes. Great combination, I'm very happy with both. In particular, it's one modification that you really use a lot and feel distinctly every time you drive. Even more so if you swap cars from time to time...!

Thanks also to FBIS for the great write-up that describes exactly what I'm experiencing as well - I have the SSK+DSSR since about 6 weeks ago and it's truly great.

@FBIS: I still have some (albeit little) slop when in gear. I read on the M-Forum that sometimes the washers used by UUC are undersized which induces slop - do you think that's the cause?

Alpina_B3_Lux
Alpina, thank you for the kind words. I wonder if you made sure the washers did seated properly under the slip on clips? I was very careful to seat the DSSR assembly properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKhan85 View Post
is this even possible with the tranny still in place. I'd really like to change to this set up but I'm a weekend driveway mechanic and don't have time to go to a shop to get this done during the week. I'll hhave to peak under there some time to see if it's even possible.
I think it is definitely doable, but you would need proper lighting and use these pictures to feel around. Knowing what you are feeling for would be a big help. I think lowering the rear transmission mounts to tilt the tranny would be a huge help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsor View Post
Wow, BMW folks definitely like their SSKs....

Nice writeup.
eclipsor, thank you for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Dtp's lift was really helpful in installing the DSSR. However, I had to reinstall it on ramps and it was close to impossible but I managed to do it. My small hands helped a lot.

I still have a lot of in-gear slop with the DSSR. I also have 37k miles on my car so maybe that's why.

The Evo3 + DSSR is a great upgrade though - one of my favorite mods.
NiVeDh, I wonder if you got the washers under the clips properly in the reinstall? I have zero slop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
yes u do...probalby just dont realize it.

Love my UUC ssk and DSSR as well.

good product.

FBI....glad u picked up that one, you'll enjoy it. UUC makes great pieces, lately their clutches seemed to be less than perfect though.
Sniz, I think I will be enjoying it a lot in the coming weeks. I just need to break in the clutch before I can really enjoy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonHandy View Post
I ordered mine on the 1st. It hasn't shipped yet. I'm getting antsy. Like Ricky Bobby says, I wanna go fast.
I wonder if they are back ordered? Have you called at all to get a ship date?