View Single Post
      04-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
fuzzy123
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
The CR2032 battery alone is about double the thickness of a credit card. And that's before the circuit board which is probably a little thicker than the battery. The final project will still be a bit larger than a credit card, but you might be able to make it smaller than it is now. Assuming you have a way to cover the battery and are willing to give up the buttons to lock/unlock the doors. You'd have to crack open the plastic key case with a little Dremel tool or something, hack apart the current circuit board to remove the buttons, and mount the whole thing in something smaller. I certainly wouldn't be brave enough to try it.

Does the RFID chip require power? i thought it was just detected by the car, either way.. something a little thicker than a CR 2032 would be sufficient for me... Also I dont need lock/unlock or anything... All I want to do is be able to access the vehicle
GIAC Stage 1 Flash| Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Bootlid | KW Variant 2 | RPI Scoops | BMS DCI | Eisenmann Race | Synapse BOV | 35% Tint | Aero Lip | 6000K HID Headlights & Fogs | PIAA Angel Eyes | Clear Bra | RR Catch Can