Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2015 320i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Before...

...after:

Notes:

- Voice Control is not yet activated as the P/N of its FSC is not known yet. The import method is the same.
- Convenience Plan will not show the new screens (BMW Search, Fuel Prices etc.) with this swap. The TCU needs to be coded for 2009 specs. Google Maps "send to car" feature does not work for the same reason, either. However, Assist can send you the address to your iDrive the same exact way as Google Maps. Working on a TCU coding solution.

The activation was done with genuine OEM FSC codes generated with my VIN; the import of the codes into the CIC was made by a remote connection thru the Internet. This method applies to either used or new CIC, so this can be way cheaper than what I paid. Coding of the CIC -to match VIN options- can be also performed with this method.

I spent some $3300 in this retrofit, but in reality ~$1200 out of that was totally unnecessary after the fact. So done right, with a combo of used/new parts it can be done in full for $2100 -$2500 depending on the price of the used parts

Full details can be answered on a case by case basis by PM; contact forum member: http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=59568

Technic is offline   United_States