05-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #85
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
And there you have it. As expected, you didn't get the responses you were so desparately seeking, but you were so hell bent on blurting out your advice that you figured.....Ahh what the heck, I'll throw it out there anyway.

To your advice I say.....Nah, I'm confident that the new immigration law will drive them out.

Prediction: Your next post will have the word "hypocrite" in it.
My point is that people are so often more likely to seek legislation than to go out and try to take care of issues on their own too. If you vote with your pocketbook, it means WAY more than voting with a ballot these days. Seriously, if you are so concerned about illegals in your area. Then find out what businesses are using black market labor, and stop using them. Maybe even follow it up with a letter letting them know why they are losing your business. Yes it might sound small, but if you could convince your neighbors and the rest of your community to act this way too, then the problem you are faced with might start to get alleviated.

PS, edit, the book "Reefer Madness", by Eric Schlosser, has a great part in it about the black market labor that centers around migrant farming. It's an interesting read about this subject to anyone who is interested.