View Single Post
      05-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #22
jeremyc74
Banned

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
My conclusion: The people who say religion is necessary for people to be good, to help families stick together, to help form a strong, healthy, peaceful society etc. are not only wrong, but might even have it backwards.

Biggest surprise: That Utah wasn't higher on the religiousness list. Mormons, for all their ridiculous beliefs, seem to disproportionaltely practice the values they preach, and are the only major religion disproportionately under-represented in the prison population (with the non-religion of atheism being way, WAY under-represented)
Hell, when you've got three wives waiting on you hand and foot, what could you have to unhappy about?!

(That's a joke, before anyone gets offended)

I'm actually a little bit surprised IN isn't higher on the list. I think with some of these places with larger urban populations the numbers are probably very different depending on the area you're looking at.

I would expect that rural IN is at the extreme end of the scale, and the numbers are moderated to a degree by the cities, with reasonably large higher learning institutions.

It's also interesting to note that the crime numbers are very inverse to IQ. It's not a surprise, but the numbers confirm it very well.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States