I had always thought it made more financial sense to buy instead of lease.
But now it's time for my extended warranty and a few advantages of leasing have occurred to me:
1. With leasing, you don't have to worry about actually selling your car. In practice, it's really hard to get the "right" trade-in value for the car... it seems like the dealer can always get you there.
2. With a lease, all items (like wear-and-tear) are accounted for, coz you get a new one.
3. Extended warranty is a significant hidden cost, and it also has asterisks about what is fully covered.
4. Maintenance. If you lease, you get full maintenance all the time, and don't have to worry about all those extra hidden costs later.
5. New technology. If you lease, obviously you get a new car and new tech every 3 years, with updated nav discs, safety features, engine tech, comfort features, etc...
So... seems like IF you can guarantee your mileage, it's sort of a no-brainer, no?
"Buy-to-own" folks... please tell me something that'll make me feel better.
I think I'll lease my next car, but for now I think it wouldn't be financially smart to switch. So just feeling better about the whole purchasing thing would be nice. And I know you guys are all out here to help everyone feel better...