I see this thread has moved into a typical leasing vs. buying FINANCIAL thread...
What I was trying to raise were the numerous hidden costs of buying...
- You have to pay for maintenance after 4 yr/50K miles
- You have to pay for extended warranty
- Suspension components and other items are more worn out (more hard-core drivers will definitely feel this)
- The navigation DVD will eventually be pretty out of date... costs a few hundred to get a new one
- Actual sale price of a bought car is often much worse than you expect when you actually go try to sell it