View Single Post
      07-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #35
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

I have been running Red Line 5W40 for two and a half years now and it must be working as my three year old factory fuel pump is still going strong.

LOL - Unrelated Sarcasm intended, so pull the flamethrowers back.

In all seriousness, I would be interested to hear why boutique oils do not submit for BMW LL01 ratings - is it really the cost or is it because BMW will not allow it due to contractual obligations to Castrol and Mobil1?

Red Line especially as there seems to be a very loyal and rabid following amongst BMW owners. Heck, even in Red Line's technical papers section, the only specific manufacturer that is singled-out is BMW.

Oh and I must have a level-headed (one that actually uses common-sense) dealership, because they know I only use Red Line oil, yet continue to perform warranty work on my car (including the engine which turned out to be a non-issue) without any flak.
Appreciate 0