View Single Post
      07-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
EddieL
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
I thought it was always clear which set of pads the warning is for - its pretty clear on idrive?

I'm not sure BMW have done anything wrong here - as a quick check of the outer pad + no warning would suggest the front pads were OK.

Kwikfit however seemed to have a clear front pad warning light (which works off the inner pad), but failed to notice or seemingly check the thickness of the pad! WTF!

The uneven wear maybe caused by the caliper not floating / moving easily - could be dirt etc. - if indeed it is uneven - need to have a look.
This is my first BMW and I've no experience of the warning lights for the pads so I'll bow to your greater knowledge. Your points seem very valid

I'm sure RockIt could get the 25 quid he's already paid off the price of getting his pads replaced if he speaks to the right person, but then again he could save more going to an independant garage. The joys of motoring.