Originally Posted by Richwm
100,008 miles as of this morning. Here are some of the issues I have had.
1. Steering column replaced at 50k due to lock malfunction.
2. Replaced oil level sensor at 60k miles (original never worked, but new one works)
3. Front passenger seat airbag sensor not working properly. (disable light on airbag when 20 yrs old daughter sits in the seat and she is 5'9" and about 130 lbs) never fixed dealer blamed my V-1 hard wire to the sun roof and refused to fix.
4. Stock shocks gone at 70K miles (Replaced with Bilstein HD shocks)
5. Front tension strut bushings worn at 70K also. (Replaced with M3 parts)
6. About 4 software updates. (Various issues)
Not bad at all.. My Lexus GS with 108k on the clock had more repairs which cost me $$$.. So much for BMWs being a money pit & exploding @ 100k..