09-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
Travishksar
Private First Class

Drives: E92 335XI

Garage List
08 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
FYI. I just had a corner balance and alignment done. I have V3s and Vorshlag Camber Plates. As sales@bavarianx said, yours is way off. Left and right camber difference is unacceptable. Heres mine:

Left Front:
Camber: -1.9 deg
Toe: 0.09 deg

(Caster is full forward on both)

Right Front:
Camber -1.9
Toe 0.09

Left Rear:
Camber -1.8
Toe 0.12

Right Rear:
Camber -1.8
Toe 0.11

Corner Balance (in lbs):

1062 | 1007
--------------
945 | 911

Total weight, 6/10 tank, 180 lb driver: 3925 lbs (Ugggh, tain't no e36 !)
Is Camber plate necessary to correct the numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
When you say "dropped," how low did you go?

Because, without camber plates and camber arms (CAN the E9X even use camber arms? Does anyone design them?), factory eccentric camber bolts in the rear only has a limited range of adjustment. Like maybe up to 1/2 degree one way or another. And as you lower the car, it increases negative camber. It may be entirely possible that you have "dropped" your car too low for the eccentric bolts to be able to compensate for the additional negative camber that resulted from lowering the car. Same goes for the front, there is only so much adjustment you can get out of factory camber. The front has even less range than the rear, but since the front typically starts out from the factory with much less negative camber than the rear, after "slamming" the suspension you're now only within the upper range of camber adjustability.
The fronts are lowered all the way down while the rears have about 1.5 turns left. The firestone guys said he couldn't adjust my rear since the rear was too low. Seriously, would that happen?
Travishksar is offline   United_States