View Single Post
      09-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #19
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrox View Post
Good on you for ignoring those douches and letting them waste their gas.
Well not being an environmentalist I say wasting gas is a good thing. However, I agree - good choice to ignore them. I saw a bumper sticker on a Prius once that read "I am proud of my carbon footprint"... I thought, I need that bumper sticker. Go Go 17mpg spirited driving! I'm certainly proud of how LARGE my footprint is on the forehead of my Prius opponents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED FURY View Post
Nice restraint ... CLASS ACT !!!
Again, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnK6 View Post
Thats MD for you. I drive on 270 everyday going to and from work, I have 4Runners, Corollas, Camrys, Civics, CRVs, Altimas etc etc driving crazy, tailgating me all the time. I m just used to it now. At least it was modded WRX STI that was trying to race you, better than 4cylinder Camrys and Rav4s which i encounter every single day anytime of the day. MD driving is so much fun and exciting!
I lived in central MD for a while and found that on occasion someone would pull up next to me and dart off the line at a stop light, but never did I have someone honk at me or really try to get me to race. I haven't driven up and down 270 since the hayday of my e36 m3... but even then I didn't have it happen. I must not attract those sorts of people .

Story:

I was cruising home one day in the left lane with 'generous throttle input' and had someone speed by me and cut me off in a rather... unaggressive way then proceed to brake lightly without cause. This person was surely trying to slow me down. A mercury 2 door with dark tint... I hit the voice instruction button on the steering wheel and instructed the vehicle to overtake this thing braking in front of me. In a flash he was behind me. Some people... btw, the correct command is 'Idiot ahead, overtake', and of course the N54 will immediately react.

MD is more or less a decent place to drive, except for the occasional idiot.

It takes maturity to avoid racing on these roads. I cruise at my desired speed. If someone tries to make it into a race I slow down and ignore. I'm commuting, not racing.

Technically you cannot have any street racing topics on this forum.
Sold: 1998 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow coupe
BMWCCA Member

Last edited by bmw0perat0r; 09-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.
bmw0perat0r is offline   United_States