Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
GTATIRES.CA

Thanks for the article / write up

I understand there is now the third Generation of Bridgestone RFT on the market. However, I further understand that the 3rd Generation is only available for sale in Japan.

Can you tell us,

A) When this improved Generation 3 Bridgestone RFT would be available in the US and Canada.

B) Why I am being advised to replace my Bridgestone RFT with a Continental RFT

and

C) Why I should not change from Bridgestone RFT for my 2009 Z4 35i to Conventional tires like so many other people are doing?

I like the idea of a tire being manufactured with less material, saving fuel etc. However, a RFT under most circumstances cannot be repaired after a flat, the side walls are weakened if driven 80 KM to a service station then needs to be replaced. Or is this 3 Generation any better then the first or second Generation?

Thanks

PS. I am very concerned since I've lost 2 rear 19" wheels due to cracking (one was replaced by BMW under warranty and the other was not), before you ask, no there are no markings on the wheels that point to pothole or other road contact damage.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found