09-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Quasimodem
Colonel

Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird124 View Post
When you flash your brights it uses the inner lights (DRL). When you turn on your brights, it raises the HID lights.
This is a good setup because, IMHO, everytime you power up the HID lights you wear them out. So you don't want to be flashing HID lights, but you do want the brightness of HIDs with your hibeams. Of course, when your headlights are not on to begin with, and you flash the hibeams, you are probably causing a lot of wear on the HIDs.

I usually keep my light switch in the top position except when dark. I don't use the automatic switch position (full left) because it turns on my HIDs whenever I drive into my garage and then I immediately turn them off shutting down the car. This is needless wear on the expensive HID bulbs.

I do not know much about the non-HID lights, except that they seem to come on and move when you are turning.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Quasimodem is offline   United_States