View Single Post
      09-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #137
bmwontyne

Drives: 320d SE

sorry be a bore but i contacted BMW myself as well and this was the reply

Quote:
BMW only use quality components in the construction of our vehicle range, however, we are unable to guarantee that a part will not fail during a vehicle's lifetime. It is for this reason that we offer our customers the opportunity to purchase an insured warranty policy once the initial warranty has expired.

In the absence of a warranty policy we may occasionally offer customers goodwill to assist with the cost of a repair. When assessing a request the vehicle age, mileage, service history and the cost of purchasing an insured warranty policy are all taken into consideration.

As a vehicle's age and mileage increases, parts will require replacement. Due to your vehicle being approximately four years old, it is not unreasonable to experience component failure due to normal use of the vehicle. Therefore, we would not offer goodwill on this occasion.

I am sorry that we are unable to assist you with your request and I trust that this information clarifies the reason why your request for financial assistance was declined. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

going to an independant tomorrow to see how much he will charge to do the hydro repair

one future BMW customer lost & my wife had been looking at a mini as well & is now thinking twice