10-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Stupid Tory scumbag arsewipe twunting baronet

So the lying tossers are taking away our child benefit after all. Bloody Osbourne has just given every family with a higher rate tax payer a £3k paycut before tax.

Despite saying that he wouldn't do it before the election

Before the bastards were elected they were saying that the Tories would let families where one parent works share their tax allowances.

Obviously they didn't bother with that and to make matters worse they are now punishing families with a parent that looks after their kids again.

If 2 parents each earn £ 40K a year, they pay less tax (because they each have an allowance) and will still get full child benefit.

Wheras a family where one parent works and earns £ 80k a year, pay loads more tax (because they can't share allowances) and they lose their child benefit.

What happened to family values and the big society??? It's patently unfair.

A family with a parent earning £ 44k loses child benefit, but a family with 2 parents earning £ 80k between them keeps it? Idiots.
Cameron liked to talk about labour stealth taxes? This has a bigger impact on my family than any of those.

I hope all of the people that voted for these tossers are very happy.
This one will hit us too NFS and, whilst I have said often that I was happy to pay a bit more tax to sort out the country for my kids generation, I think this is a very blunt instrument - your examples make the point beautifully. I heard a caller on a radio show give her personal example, she is a widow earning £45k bringing up 3 kids. She will lose her child benefit yet her sister and brother in law who earn c.£40k each will not!!! HOW IS THAT FAIR?

I expected this to happen tbh and I hoped they would allow a sharing of personal tax allowances between married couples (I work but my wife looks after our kids) but I won't be holding my breath!!

It would be fairer to raise the tax percentage on higher earners that do what they propose. I fall into that category so I would end up losing out to a similar amount but at least that would be fair to all so I would not complain.