View Single Post
      10-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #38
Chriztofor
Colonel

Drives: '06 325i Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by govtec View Post
Chriztofor,

I have an xi, so the front should be on jack stands and for the rear use the floor jack on the rear differential area. Do I have this right?

How come the fluids don't leak out when the engine is warm and the plug is open? I'm picking up the oil from the dealer tomorrow and will attempt this over the weekend.
Jacks stands should be used in the front and the rear (don't just rely on the jack).

Correct, jack the rear of the car under the differential (not the cover) see attached.

As for your last question, when you place fluid in the transmission, recap the fill plug, and shift the gears, when you re-open the fill plug you still need to fill up the transmission because it will be low in fluid. See steps 8-12. Good luck and tell us about your experience.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Differential jacking point.pdf (75.4 KB, 672 views)
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Chriztofor is offline   United_States