10-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #39
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreM818 View Post
I have an e92 09/06 build...pre 07. Can I get this kit http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/hipexeh8plan1.html and everything will be alright? Also, is there a difference between the high quality non slim ballast and slim ballast? Whats the difference performance and reliability wise.
You want the high quality one for e 90 pre LCI.... Doesnt mean the slim ballast is less quality, its just a slim ballast and wont work on the Pre LCI models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinE92 View Post
I had a set of those with the error cancellers and they did not work right. I had the error light and they kept shutting off. Eventually I sold them on Ebay. I got this kit http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/hipexeh8plan1.html
and it works flawlessly.
Proven kits by real members FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinE92 View Post
I got the upgraded ballasts with 4300K bulbs and they are awesome. I spoke to the guy there and he said the slim ballasts work great for the E92. The upgraded ballasts would work great too and are required only for the E90 due to differences in the Canbus design. I was told the upgraded ballasts are a normal sized ballast, not the slim design, and they have room for the larger higher quality chips and capacitors and that was the main difference between them besides the upgraded canbus technology. Both are very reliable and they pretty much perform the same. I figured since the price was not that much more to just go with the ballast upgrade. A friend of mine has the slims in his E92 and they look exactly the same as mine on start up and once they warm up.
Spot on with this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaroe2 View Post
I can vouch to the hours and hours of testing!! It was my pre lci e90 sedan we used to test these out. A solid week of meeting up for 3 hours every night and checking for errors. Trust me these work, will other work? Maybe, maybe not. Unless a vendor drives to meet with a pre lci owner and test them, there will not be any solid evidence of that product working. Like many of you pre lci owners i dealt with buying kits that were "error free" or included "error free modules". I wasted a sh!tload of money and not to mention embarrassment when my lights would randomly shutoff or flicker like a disco ball. These work............case closed lol
Yes the whole basis of this thread was to have real members with real results post about their HID experience.

There are some DIY and a maybe a couple vendors vouching this and that..

Atleast with the kit I tell you guys about, we have proven results that work.

No need to reinvent the wheel!