View Single Post
      10-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #121
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Ok, so I just got to the office after dropping my car off. I asked my SA about the impending recall, and though he was aware of it he didn't work for BMW full time (this dealer has BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Infiniti, etc...) so it's understandable his knowledge may be more limited than others. He basically told me at this time, they do a key read, and based on what it says either do nothing or update to the latest software. If there is reasonable doubt as to the fuel pump's immediate longevity they will pull it and pressure test it, PUMA approved, and replace it (again if PUMA approves). Sound familiar?

So as far as I'm concerned, at this point, the letter is exactly what we all thought - a simple announcement to hedge against bad PR from the GMA/Nightline stories. I would've stuck around to talk to a full time BMW SA or the BMW Service Manager, but I was already running late and they were pretty backed up as well. No reason to inconvenience both parties just to hear the same "explanation" from someone higher on the BMW service food chain.