View Single Post
      11-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #31
John_01
Colonel

Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325i M Sport View Post
Hi John I do not have the part no. here now but I will let you know within tomorrow. My car is a restyled 325i, LCI if Im not wrong. It has a 3.0 litre engine with 218 HP. Anyway even if BMW said that it is not made for that one (otherwise it is suitable for 330i and 335i with N 54 engine - this according to catalogue - and they made another one for 4 cyl. engines as well)

My 325i has the N 53 engine.

The guys who fitted my muffler said they mounted the one foreseen for 4 cyl. engines on a 125i and they had no problems with it.

I can say that, together with the BMW Performance air intake there is a sound now and I can say that I really like it. Besides that I know there is an engine in my car now i. e. I do not only feel it, I can hear it

Will let you have that code asap OK!

Bye for now
Thanks for your help with the part number. I am still unsure if it is the right one for my car. Mine is a N52 2.5 litre engine, probably the same as what is sold in Canada, but different from the USA and also different from Europe. Some online sellers in the US show a part number ending in 581, so I will try to discover if there is a difference or not. Thanks again. John.

Cheers!

Last edited by John_01; 11-11-2010 at 06:00 AM.
John_01 is offline   Australia