View Single Post
      11-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
gizmo335i
Colonel

Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.73]
I voted CO's.

There are so many factors to consider when lowering/changing any suspesion components that it's rediculous.

You should read through the sticky in this section first. Then read through every thread you can about every different setup, the problems people have had, etc.

If the statement "You get what you pay for" is true for anything, it's modifying your suspension. So do your research and consider exactly what you want for your car.

Once you've decided, then don't rush it if you don't have the money right away and sacrifice for the cheaper product. It's very important that you do your suspension right the first time. Trust me, if you screw it up and are not happy, having to fix it/change it/etc. sux ass.

I have done all of the above and the one thing I can tell you is that by FAR the majority of people on here that have experience with springs/shocks AND coilovers will tell you to buy coilovers and that they should have done that the first time.

Considering ONLY springs vs. coilovers should not be your thinking. If you want to drop the car and do not want to get coilovers, then you should get shocks to go along with the springs..

After all that said, I did end up buying springs/shocks. So maybe I'm sounding a little hypocritical here but I just read from a lot of people that coilovers were overkill if you were NEVER going to the track. And almost NOONE said to go with the setup that I have H&R sport/Koni FSD. But I did it and I'm very happy with it. It rides like stock and sits at a perfect height.

But I have thought about it more over the last few months and after reading more and more about coilovers, I'm thinking about saving and going to those.

Last edited by gizmo335i; 11-24-2010 at 06:50 AM.
gizmo335i is offline   United_States