View Single Post
      11-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #304
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Might be a good idea for anyone wanting to code to go here and see how to just READ what your module values are first and get familiar with their setup BEFORE actually changing things:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1562077

Coding/reprogramming is not something you just want to jump into without any background - you may just end up with a mess. I realize that people make it sound EZ as 1-2-3 but that lends a false sense of security.

So if you are not comfortable, or at least understand what you are doing - better to let someone do it that is.

Believe me, I spent MANY a long hour reading up, researching examples and others prior programming before I even attempted to do my own tuning/programming of my GM ECU's on my LS based cars. I spent many tuning sessions on the dyno with a professional tuner - soaking in everything he did & why before I attempted myself.

Now mind you, engine tuning parameters are a leetle bit more scary than simple coding ON or OFF as most of you want to do as catastrophic engine failure could result if you make a mistake.

But as a disclaimer - JUST BE VERY CAREFUL
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States