- In-car office - The Office area displays calendar items, tasks and notes transferred from compatible bluetooth phones in the iDrive menu under “Office”.
- Contact card image transfer - When calling a contact from the address book, his or her image appears on the Control Display.
- Text-to-speech - Playback of text via the vehicle speakers for the new office features.
- Call log update - The call log list (missed and received calls) will be updated in the car on connection of the phone.
- Bluetooth audio streaming - Wireless audio streaming from a phone or audio player over the bluetooth connection. This includes the capability to play/pause/stop/skip/fast forward/rewind the music. Artist and track information is visible on the Control Display. Multiple bluetooth devices can be used simultaneously (eg. the audio player of one device and the telephone function of another device can be used at the same time).
- Connection via original Apple iPod USB cable - For the fifth generation iPod onwards and the third generation iPod nano onwards, you can connect the iPod with the original Apple cable.
- Album art display - Album covers are displayed in the Control Display with music playback via the USB audio interface (option 6FL). MP3 players, USB memory sticks, MTP players and iPods (gens. supported above) will be supported.
- Voice control of external devices - For vehicles equipped with Voice Control (option 620) and the USB audio interface (option 6FL), it is possible to control an external device by voice control with the selection of 'Genre, Artist, Album or Title'.