View Single Post
      12-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #45
Coolieman1220
Banned

Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswastage View Post
Kind of going on a tangent here, but Coolieman you don't need ipod integration to be able to store music on your hard drive. I believe it comes with the idrive/nav option. All of my music right now is on my car's drive, and I know I don't have ipod integration. You should be able to burn the music from your DVD's onto your drive, or what I do is use a USB drive because it seems to transfer the music much more quickly.
oh no i know that but in order to play off a flash drive or an external hard drive i believe you need that USB port for the iPod. I'm so pissed BMW does it that way. they didn't have to. the usb in my glovebox is useless unless i want to transfer music to my HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
what kind of turbo's are on the diesel cars? ...
I'd like to know this as well. and the sizes of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
Stock manifold boost pressure on the diesel is around 27 PSI.
holy crap thats a lot of boost!! god damn. thats over 2 bar. so how much boost does the JB3 maps increase to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post

Has anyone put a boost gauge on their 335d?
also interested. that would be cool to see. i wouldn't mind one. it would be cool to view all this thru iDrive or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
Diesels run extremely, extremely lean at idle. I once watched a diesel pickup truck run on the vapors from spilled gasoline on the ground near its intake.
thats crazy i'd like to see this. i think i'll youtube it...

The diesel seems more efficient at idle then moving under 20 mph like in traffic

Good night guys!
Coolieman1220 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago