View Single Post
      12-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #61

Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
Lifeguard6= re-bottled motorcraft mercon SP, which retails in the US for: 3:99/quart. Save yourself $13 bucks/liter.
In another link you stated, "the low viscosity of Mercon SP isn't ideal for anything other than minimal commuting. "

If you had the choice of Castrol Import Multi-vehicle (which is the oil that I used in this DIY), Lifeguard, or Mercon SP, wouldn't you use the Castrol oil over the other two? Note: In that same thread you stated, "The only multi spec ATF I mentioned was castrol's. Its just fine in our transmission. I love its KV 100C of 8! Not bad for mineral oil based stuff! Won't hurt our trans, and its bound to have better thermal stability that LG6."
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger

Last edited by Chriztofor; 12-20-2010 at 05:11 PM.