04-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #55
Socratesbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyg View Post
mine has a oil cooler and still runs at 260-270

That's because its normal. All this talk about how it was supposed to have the cooler is crap. Your car wasn't supposed to come with it and they left it off, its just becoming an "issue" (mainly because of forums like these). What are y'all going to complain about when they put in the recall for the oil temp gauge? 300 will be the new mid-point - what then?

how many of you on here have ever had your 335 overheat? Honestly, we all know of two cars provided by competitors that were tracked hard and they went into limp mode - as they are supposed to. Nothing happened to the cars that harmed them or the engine. I have yet to encounter anyone who has actually had this happen to them. Sure, tracking a car in 5th gear at 7K rpm's for 40 minutes will probably get you there, but that's not what the car is built for.

Your comments about the car supposed to be a track vehicle is the same as saying that every Chevy Monete Carlo should be able to run in Nascar stock. I constantly run at 240-250 around town with normal driving and know plenty of people who say they've never gotten about 270 under hard conditions. Hell, most of you on here talking about the issue don't even own the damn car!
Appreciate 0