On the heels of the big BMW turbo 4-cylinder (Specs/Info
) news yesterday, SCOTT26 has provided (via his post
) some dates for the switchover of certain BMW models from the current inline 6-cylinder to the new twinpower turbo I4 motor.
We have added end of production dates of the current 3-series, M3 and 1-series, based on official production schedules we have received.
Here is the I4 switchover and end of production schedule:
- E89 Z4 sDrive30i to switch to TwinPower I4 in September 2011
- F10/F11 528i to switch to TwinPower I4 in September 2011
- F25 X3 xDrive28i to switch to TwinPower I4 in 4th Quarter 2011
- E81/E87 1 series to end production by August 2011 (new 1-series hatchback launched after Geneva - will herald complete petrol turbo-charged engine line up)
- E82/E88 1 series to end production in June 2012 (source)
- E90/E91 3 series and M3 to end production in October 2011 (source)
- E92/E93 3 series and M3 to end production sometime in 4th Quarter 2012 (still unconfirmed)