CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.09]
Send a message via AIM to CubanJJ09
Awesome stuff In here. read about 24 pages since this morning while at work. I have a basic understanding (I think) of how the coding works and how the ecu works. (Mind u i am out of warranty) This morning I had a light on the dash (non dirive) it was the red ebrake light in conjunction with a yellow service car and also a red car on the lift. I intially thought they had forgotten to reset the service indicators. I took it in and they said it wasn't that. It appears to be a "glitch" in the programing. After talking with my sa and tech he said it was located in the dsc module. But the only fix was to reprogram the whole ecu. Seems like they're using a cannon to kill a fly here.

Here's where this thread comes into play I saw on a screen shot somewhere that we can gain access to the the dsc module butIcouldn't find anything deeper than that. I was wondering if someone could just take a screen shot or post the parameters (for lack of a better term) that are involved within the dsc module. The tech said there was a SIB out for this so my next step is to find that to gain more info. Unfortunately I don't have any fault # or anything from inside the ecu. I should of asked for a print out. Any help would be greatly apperciated.
Thanks